This cannon is a reproduction of a 3" rifled cannon that was introduced in 1865 & used at Fort Stevenson. This cannon shoots a 7" 10 pound conical projectile. When fully charges with 2 pounds of gunpower, it could shoot a target 3 miles away.
3" Ordinance Rifled Cannon
Fort Stevenson State Park
North Dakota Military Vehicle Collectors Association
3 inch Ordinance Rifled Cannon